Duty Judicial Officer: Adam Cassleden
Player: David Pocock
Team: Brumbies
Position: Flanker
Date of Incident: 2 April 2016
Nature of Offence: Law 10.4 (e) Playing a player without the ball is dangerous play.
Elapsed time in match when offence occurred: 74th minute

The SANZAAR Duty Judicial Officer Adam Cassleden has accepted a guilty plea from David Pocock of the Brumbies for contravening Law 10.4(e) Playing a player without the ball is dangerous play, after he was cited during a Super Rugby Match at the weekend.
Pocock grasped the neck of Chiefs No. 8 Michael Leitch during a maul in the 74th minute of the match between the Brumbies and Chiefs at GIO Stadium in Canberra on 2 April 2016. 
Pocock has been given a three week suspension for the incident and is suspended up to and including Sunday 24th April. Due to the fact the Brumbies have a scheduled bye in Round 7, Pocock will miss Round 8 and Round 9 of Super Rugby, in effect making it a two-match sanction.
SANZAR Duty Judicial Officer Adam Cassleden assessed the case. In his finding, Mr Cassleden ruled the following: 
"Having conducted a detailed review of all the available evidence, including all camera angles and additional evidence, including from the player and submissions from his legal representative I accepted the player’s admission that he had committed an act of foul play contrary to law 10.4(e).
"In its Memorandum on “Dangerous tackles (high tackles), dangerous grasping of neck and/or head area of player not in possession of the ball and dangerous grasping/holding of ball carrier above the line of the shoulder” dated 22 May 2015, World Rugby stated “this type of dangerous play which is foul play must be dealt with severely by match officials and all those involved in the disciplinary process.”
"With respect to sanction I deemed the act of foul play merited a low-end entry point of two weeks. I then added one week for aggravation due to the need to deter this type of dangerous foul play. However, taking into account mitigating factors including the player’s early plea, his good character, his genuine remorse and his excellent disciplinary record I reduced the suspension to a period of two games.”
"The player accepted my indication of sanction and is therefore suspended from all forms of rugby up to and including Sunday, 24 April 2016. The player is free to resume playing on 25 April 2016.”