The Western Force have snapped a 14-match losing streak against the Brumbies with a 34-19 triumph over the "little puppies" at HBF Park.

The Brumbies entered Saturday night's match missing Wallabies stars James Slipper, Lachlan Lonergan, Allan Alaalatoa, Nick Frost, Rob Valetini, Nic White, Len Ikitau and Tom Wright as part of Rugby Australia's World Cup resting policy.

In the lead-up to the match, Force hooker Folau Fainga'a said the mass changes meant the Brumbies were sending over the "little puppies" to allow the "big dogs" to rest at home and get their necks massaged.

The Force raced out to a 21-0 lead inside 25 minutes, then weathered a Brumbies fightback before going on to secure the four-tries-to-three victory.

The triumph was the Force's first win over the Brumbies since 2013. 

More importantly, the Force's fifth straight win at home this season ensured they ended the round in eighth spot, three points ahead of the ninth-placed Highlanders.

The Force finish their campaign with games against the Rebels (away) and ladder-leading Chiefs (home), and one more win might be enough to secure a finals berth. 

Force playmaker Max Burey played an influential role in Saturday's win, nailing all four of his conversion attempts as well as two penalties in a perfect kicking display.

The Force made a blistering start to the match with tries to Felix Kalapu, Hamish Stewart and Sam Spink.

The Brumbies had their first try of the night in the 28th minute when flanker Charlie Cale got on the end of a sizzling fast break.

And it was game on when Wallabies lock Darcy Swain touched down in the 34th minute, reducing the halftime margin to nine points.

Fainga'a had fun against his former Brumbies teammates in the first half.

After stealing a wayward line-out and booting it forward to find touch, Fainga'a raised his hand in a celebratory gesture.

He couldn't help but have a laugh after stealing another line-out shortly before the break.

The Brumbies dominated long periods of the second half, but their only reward was a 53rd-minute try to Luke Reimer.

The Force defended their five-point lead for long stretches, and their determination was rewarded in the 70th minute when a series of pick-and-goes near the line resulted in a try to Marley Pearce.

Force playmaker Max Burey nailed the sideline conversion, and he repeated the dose with a 74th-minute penalty to seal the win. 

The Force will be sweating on the fitness of prop Tom Robertson, who limped off with the aid of two trainers with a left leg injury in the 51st minute.

Robertson was on crutches at the end of the match in a worrying sign.


FORCE 34 TRIES: Kalapu, Stewart, Spink, Pearce CONS: Burey 4/4 PENS: Burey 2/2

BRUMBIES 19 TRIES: Cale, Swain, Reimer CONS: Lonergan 2/2

FORCE (1-15): Angus Warner, Folau Fainga'a, Tom Robertson, Jeremy Williams, Felix Kalapu, Michael Wells (c), Carlo Tizzano, Rahboni Vosayaco, Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, Max Burey, Manasa Mataele, Hamish Stewart, Sam Spink, Zach Kibirge, Chase Tiatia

RESERVES: Tom Horton, Marley Pearce, Siosifa Amone, Tim Anstee, Isi Naisarani, Ian Prior, George Poolman, Toni Pulu

BRUMBIES (1-15): Blake Schoupp, Billy Pollard, Rhys Van Nek, Darcy Swain, Tom Hooper, Charlie Cale, Rory Scott, Pete Samu, Ryan Lonergan (c), Jack Debreczeni, Corey Toole, Tamati Tua, Hudson Creighton, Ollie Sapsford, Andy Muirhead

RESERVES: Connal McInerney, Fred Kaihea, Sefo Kautai, Jack Wright, Luke Reimer, Klayton Thorn, Noah Lolesio, Jesse Mogg

Referee: Damon Murphy

Assistant Referee: Graham Cooper, Jordan Kaminski