Queensland have signed off Super Round with a record victory over the Western Force, capping a positive weekend for Australian teams.

With all 12 Super Rugby Pacific sides playing at Melbourne's AAMI Park over three days, the Reds, Waratahs and Brumbies all left as winners while the Rebels had a narrow loss to the Hurricanes.

After a disappointing round one loss to the Chiefs, the Reds started their Sunday afternoon clash with a bang and never looked back.

They scored 10 tries to three to bank a crushing 71-20 win - their biggest score ever in Super Rugby.

Queensland looked to have scored after 30 seconds thanks to a 30-metre break by Jordan Petaia, with the silky fullback gliding through the defence and off-loading to Josh Flook, however the centre put his foot on the sideline.

Queensland fans didn't have to wait long to celebrate, with two tries scored by the six-minute mark, with lock Ryan Smith first across the tryline.

A minute later Petaia showed off his array of skills, following up his own thumping kicking down-field and collecting the ball to touch down for a try of his own to a 14-0 lead.

The Force, who were round one winners over Melbourne, hit back when winger Zach Kibirige got on the outside of his opposite Suliasi Vunivalu.


While they got on the board again through ex-Brumbies hooker Folau Fainga'a, the Reds pushed the scoreline out to 29-13 by halftime and looked in full control.

With Wallabies coach Eddie Jones watching from the stands No.8 Harry Wilson impressed while Test playmaker James O'Connor looked sharp in his first run of the season.

The second half was one to forget for new Force coach Simon Cron with the Reds piling on the misery, the men from Perth not helped by losing flanker Ollie Callan to a red card for a high tackle.

Among the tryscorers Vunivalu, who made a name for himself on the same ground as a Melbourne Storm NRL player, intercepted a pass and ran 80m to score.

While he managed to touch down he pulled up just before line sparking fears he had re-injured his hamstring.

But it appeared to be only a cramp with the World Cup hopeful playing on.

With the Force down to 13 men, also losing Jackson Pugh to a yellow card for the final minutes, Flook finished with two tries as did winger Felipe Daugunu.

Western Force 20 [Tries: Kibirige, Fainga’a, Pugh; Cons: Hegarty; Pens: Hegarty] Reds 71[Tries: Smith, Petaia, Wilson, Flook 2, Faessler, Daugunu 2, Vunivalu, Wright; Cons: Lynagh 5, O’Connor 4
Pens: Lynagh]

Referee: Paul Williams